Remixing to Learn Processing Generative Art

Assignment: Using Processing, and inspired by another artist, create an interactive digital art piece


I wanted to use this assignment as an opportunity to better understand coding/processing for myself. I found a script on Tumblr of an image that I desired to uunderstand. I dissected the original code to see how it worked by removing certain commands and changing syntax . After rearranging and using the tools (Lynda, Youtube, and other sources) I was then better able to understand how arrangement, syntax, using references worked with processing. I used the artist's code to remix my own version of their line diagram. This process helped me better apply my knowledge to using the references at processing.com.  I then took out certain script to see how that affected the code and what my limitations were.


Inspiring Artist: Olaf Keller
Original Work
Displaying image.png

My Code:
void setup() {
 size(650, 650);
 background(0);
}
void draw() {
 stroke(random(0, 100), random(155, 200), random(50, 100), 80);
 ellipse(325,325,calc(1200, random(200, 400)*0.2),calc(1300, random(200, 400)*0.9));
 fill(random(2,255));
}
float calc(float a, float b) {
 return abs(sin(millis()/a)*b);
}
 
void keyPressed() {
 if (key == 's') saveFrame("image-###.png");}





Comments

Popular Posts