Dreaming for the Future

Assignment: Fantasy Device Interface. Come up with an object that doesn’t exist, but that you wish did. You can ignore technical feasibility and concentrate on how you’d operate this device if it did exist. Design a control interface for this device. Think about what a person has to see, hear, touch, etc. while operating the device. Think about what cues they need to understand the interface. Think about what parts of their body they need to have free, what gestures are best for triggering the device’s behaviors, and so forth. Build a mock­up of the controls from anything you can find.


I came up with the idea that I would end up creating for my final project for this class. I planned out a hat that one could wear  that used LED lights and a color sensor. That would use Flora (wearable Arduino) for wearable circuits. The goal that I had for this hat was that it based on the on pixel that the color sensor was focusing on would determine the color of the LED lights on the hat. It was designed so that base on whatever the sensor is focusing on the the LED lights would continuously change based on the pixel color of focus.

Comments

Popular Posts